Have you been considering a form cosmetic tattoo?
Read about your pre-appointment preparation below and complete this form to find out what techniques are best for you.
I will respond to you to advise within 2 business days and look forward to discussing your potential treatments!
The better your skin, the better the outcome of any tattooing.
To help achieve the very best results for you, it is important that you carry out these steps carefully.
Prior to your appointment, if there is anything you are unsure of, please be sure to get in touch – we’re here to help.
- Start drinking a minimum of 2 litres of water a day. For every caffeinated drink, add another 500ml to your total. Please avoid caffeine 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- If you take fish oil supplements they need to stop 2 weeks before hand.
- In order to avoid bleeding and poor colour deposit, please no alcohol 48 hours before the tattoo and no caffeine on the day of your tattoo.
- No antibiotics within a week of the treatment.
- No blood thinners such as aspirin or ibuprofen 48 hours prior (if prescribed by a doctor, please get consent first).
- Please do not exercise the day of your tattoo.
- Please advise of any medication or supplements you are taking and why you are taking them. Some medications or conditions will not work well with tattooing so most be disclosed for your health and safety.
It’s also important to know that there is no exercise for 1 week after your tattoo.
Please allow time to clean the tattooed area for approximately 3 hours following your appointment. Aftercare will be provided.
Keep in mind, the area that has been tattooed will be flaky and may scab from day 3-10 so if you have anything coming up, please consider how events will be impacted by your healing time.
Brow Tattoo Preparation
- To hydrate the skin I recommend skin soaking. To do this, simply fill your hand basin with warm water (adding in a few drops of your favourite soaking drops should you wish). Take your muslin cloth or face cloth and immerse it in the water. Wring it out slightly so it’s damp. Gently press the cloth to your skin in sections until you have done your whole face. Press it on each section for several seconds before re-immersing it in the water and repeating. Do this in the morning instead of cleansing and in the evening after cleansing, ideally starting two weeks prior to your appointment.
- Avoid facials for two weeks leading up to your appointment.
- Also avoid all hair removal and be mindful of harsh cleansing and treatments. For two weeks before your appointment there will be:
- No tweezing
- No facial waxing
- No facial laser
- No skin peels
- No electrolysis
- No retinol or scrubs in or in the surrounding area
- No botox
- No brow henna or tints.
Lip Tattoo Preparation
- If you suffer from cold sores, even if not symptomatic, please go to your doctor for antiviral medication to take prior to and during healing as tattoo can stimulate the lips and cold sores to appear (in affected persons). Continue to take after the treatment if directed by your doctor
- Purchase a lip scrub or exfoliant. Please use this 2-3 times a day also for the 2 weeks leading up to your appointment. (If there is not two weeks before your appointment please discuss with your artist). Using your tooth brush over your lips when brushing your teeth also helps in place of this.
- Please purchase PH-neutral soap to clean the area during the healing process. Your balm will be provided to you