The better your skin, the better the outcome of any tattooing.
To help achieve the very best results for you, it is imperative that you carry out these steps carefully.
Prior to your appointment, if there is anything you are unsure of, please be sure to get in touch – we’re here to help.
- Start drinking a minimum of 2 litres of water a day. For every caffeinated drink, add another 500ml to your total.
- If you take fish oil supplements they need to stop 2 weeks beforehand.
- To avoid bleeding and poor colour deposit, please no alcohol 48 hours before the tattoo and no caffeine on the day of your tattoo prior to appointment.
- No antibiotics within a week of
the treatment. (Doxycycline and metronidazole need longer so please mention these)
- No blood thinners such as aspirin or ibuprofen 48 hours prior (if prescribed by a doctor, please get consent first).
- Please advise of any medication or supplements you are taking and why you are taking them. Some medications or conditions will not work well with tattooing so must be disclosed for your health and safety.
- Please do not exercise the day of your tattoo.
- In the case of eyeliner tattoo – no use of eyelash growth serums. a 3-month break prior to your appointment is a minimum.
- Wear comfortable clothing to your appointment and eat prior too as the booking takes a few hours.
It’s also important to know that there is no exercise for 1 week after your tattoo (or until superficially healed which can be shorter or longer depending on the individual)
Please allow time to clean the tattooed area for approximately 3 hours following your appointment. Aftercare will be provided. however, please purchase Cetaphil wash for your ongoing post-treatment care.
Keep in mind, the area that has been tattooed will be flaky and may scab from day 3-10 so if you have anything coming up, please consider how events will be impacted by your healing time.